- Business Process Management Practitioner Course - BPTG
- Introduction to Process Mapping using BPMN Course
- Requirements Gathering and Management Course
- Articles and Case Studies
- Writing a Winning Business Case for Training
- The Why, Who, When and What for training your analysts and BPM stakeholders
- Process Performance Measures "Going beyond Cost and Time Savings"
- Finding the Tipping Point for BPM
- Quick Guide to Process Mapping
- Silver Bullet or Service Failure
- A Bank´s SCO
- Company Profile
- BPM Software
- Book Reviews
Introduction to Process Mapping using BPMN Course
The Case Study Approach
The Harvard School of Business pioneered the case study approach and we have used it with considerable success in delivering our Process Mapping using BPMN course.
With this approach, the theory is reinforced through actual use of a practical, business oriented case study. Participants immediately apply what they are learning.
The following are just some of the exercises covered during this Process Mapping course:
- Capturing the high level End to End process
- Identifying core, enabling, and support processes
- Identifying and capturing process metrics
- Mapping the As Is and To Be processes
- Identifying and supporting process owners and managers
- Identifying Quick Wins for process improvement
- Differentiating between Value Added and Non-Value Added work
- Process Orchestration and Choreography
- Mapping simple processes
- Start, Intermediate, and End events
- Event patterns
- Expanded and Collapsed sub-processes
- Sequence and Message flows
- Swimlanes and pools
- Gateways and branching patterns
This course is currently offered on an In-house basis only. Please contact usto discuss your needs and receive a quotation.
Process Mapping Course Description
Learn to map your business processes easily and efficiently using the industry standard - BPMN which stands for Business Process Modeling Notation from the Object Management Group (OMG).
You will learn the best practices in process mapping using the latest industry standards (BPMN) so that both the business and IT folks will be able to understand the models and map processes consistently through-out your organization.
Why choose a BPMN based Process Mapping Course:
- You will acquire a solid understanding of the process mapping basics using an industry standard that is already widely accepted for processing mapping and software vendors.
- Adopting an existing industry standard is easier and delivers more efficient process mapping within the organization.
Key aspects of the Process Mapping training include:
- A thorough introduction to process mapping
- What you should map
- What to do and not do
- Who should be involved in mapping sessions
- How to identify which processes to map and at which levels
- Going from AS IS to TO BE process
- Identifying process owners and their roles
- Creating your process team
- Getting Buy In from your business users
- Process improvement and redesign principles
- Overview of existing process mapping tools such as Visio, Process Modeler, ARIS, iGraphics, etc.
- How process maps integrate with BPMS tools
- Integrating Business Rules
- Detailed explanation and use of the most common BPMN symbols including:
- Sequence and Message flows
- Expanded and collapsed sub-processes
- Swimlanes and pools and many more